When I saw this recipe in my Taste of Home magazine I knew I needed to try it for the sake of my waistline. It was excellent! Crispy on the outside and tender and juicy inside. Make this!
1 c. fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine yogurt, mustard and garlic.
- Add the chicken, seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In another Ziploc bag combine flour, paprika, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from yogurt mixture and add one piece at a time to the flour mixture.
- Seal bag and shake to coat.
- Place chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet and spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.