Ummm, SO.GOOD! I made this as a side dish for our Father's Day dinner. I love orzo these days so this really hit the spot! I pinned it from here.
1 cup orzo
1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp butter or margarine
1/4 to 1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook the orzo until tender, about 10 minutes.
- After the orzo has been cooking for about 5 minutes, add the asparagus to the same pot.
- Once the orzo and asparagus are cooked and tender, drain and return to the pot.
- Quickly add the parmesan cheese and butter.
- Stir thoroughly, allowing both the cheese and butter to melt.
- Slowly add the cream to the mixture, while stirring.
- Continue to stir and add cream until you reach your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.