My mom found this recipe in the newspaper and I am so glad she did. It is like all my favorite things in one dish! Yumm-O! The best part is you put it in the crock-pot!
1 carton of sliced mushrooms
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 stick of butter
1 packet of Zesty Italian dressing mix
4 oz. onion and chive cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
7 oz. (1/2 of a can) chicken broth
1 jar of capers, drained
angel hair pasta
- Pour mushrooms in the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the mushrooms.
- In a sauce pan melt butter, dressing, soups and cream cheese together.
- Pour combined mixture over chicken.
- Top with capers.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- 20 minutes before it is finished, cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.