I will never make regular tacos again! This recipe was so easy and it really is super yummy! The original recipe is from here.
4 teaspoons dried minced onion
3 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
18-20 hard taco shells
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine dried minced onion, chili powder, cornstarch, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Add refried beans, tomato sauce, and prepared taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Spoon the taco meat mixture into the taco shells and place into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, standing up.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the taco meat in each shell.
- Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tacos are heated through.
- Remove from the oven and top with any optional condiments for serving.