I will be the first to admit I am not very creative when it comes to my side dishes. My day to day sides are bor-ring! Thank goodness for Pinterest. I found this side here and made it tonight! It was a HUGE HIT! It was easy and so flavorful. It will definitely make an appearance on our dinner table again and again.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb hickory smoked, thick sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 1/2 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
fresh ground pepper
- In a medium pot, boil potatoes until fork tender. Remove from water and let cool.
- While the potatoes boil, cook bacon until almost crispy. Let bacon drain on a paper towel and keep the bacon fat.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in chunks.
- Coat a large sheet pan with olive oil and half of the bacon grease.
- Place the potatoes on the sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast in a 425 degree oven for 40 minutes, turning the potatoes half way through.
- Remove potatoes from oven and gently toss.
- Top the potatoes with the bacon crumbles, garlic and cheese.
- Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees and roast potatoes for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with parsley.
- Serve immediately.