On Sunday my dad made A-MAZING sandwiches for our family fun day! If you know me well you know how much I LOVE Mexican food and sandwiches. I could live off those two things for the rest of my life. My dad created this sandwich and we all fell in love! It is perfect for summer grilling!
Really good cibata bread
Top Sirloin steak
Red bell peppers
Provolone cheese, sliced
Sweet yellow onion, sliced
- Grill steak to desired temperature. Let it rest before slicing.
- Roast bell peppers on the grill (they should look burnt on the outside. Peel burnt skin off and slice pepper.)
- Slice cibata bread and brush inside with olive oil.
- Place bread on the grill and watch it carefully. It will grill fast!
- On the stove saute mushrooms and onions in butter until soft.
- Combine mayo and pesto. This is totally up to your taste. We like a lot of pesto!
- Assemble your sandwich: Pesto Mayo, Provolone cheese slices, beef slices, onions and mushrooms, roasted bell peppers, baby spinach and a little salt and pepper.