2.04.2011

Chicken & Corn Chowder

Since we have been iced/snowed in for the past four days I have been able to cook this week. I mean, what else am I supposed to do?! I made Chicken Pot Pie which is a huge hit at our house and I tried this new recipe last night which was also a hit and super simple!Ingredients:

2 1/2 c. chicken, cooked and chopped
15 oz. can Mexicorn
4 oz. can chopped green chilies
2 tbls. cilantro, chopped
3 c. chicken broth
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 oz. Velveeta cheese
8 oz. sour cream

Directions:

- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT for the Velveeta and sour cream in a large crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
- With 30 minutes remaining on your cooking time, remove one cup of the soup and pour into a medium bowl. Stir in the Velveeta and the sour cream.
- Pour mixture back into the crock pot and stir.
- Cook for 30 minutes before serving.
- It was really good with crushed tortilla chips and I would have put avocado slices on top too if I had had an avocado!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails