When I got married I had an entire bridal shower devoted solely to the kitchen and anything you would find in it. Included with the invitation was a personalized recipe card for each attendee to pass their favorite recipe on to me so I would have lots of meals to cook my soon-to-be husband. It was so fun and I got a lot of yummy recipes. The recipe below was given to me by my friend Holly and it is really good! Enjoy!
1 can Cream of Potato soup
1 can Cream of Celery soup
1 pkg. Pillsbury 9" round Pie Crusts (2 per package)
1 (8 oz.) bag Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1/2 can Evaporated Milk
1/2 tsp. Thyme
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 lb. Chicken, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
1 egg yolk, beaten
- Cook Chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Pour mixture into one of the pie crusts.
- Turn the second pie crust upside down and place on top of the mixture.
- Use a fork to seal the edges of the two crusts together.
- Cut a small "X" in the middle of the top crust.
- Brush the crust with the beaten egg yolk.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes.