12.13.2010

Zesty Italian Crescent Casserole

While at my parents house for our weekly family meal I pulled out my mom's really old recipe box and started sorting through the madness to see if there were any recipes I needed to try. I came across several and this one had my husbands name written all over it. He did LOVE it and thought it needed to be on a regular rotation. I think it needs some veggies added to it, he begs to differ, but I might add mushrooms and zucchini next time. Shhhh...don't tell.Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef {I used ground turkey}
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
1 {8 oz.} can tomato sauce
1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can crescent rolls
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbls. butter

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium skillet brown meat and onion.
- Stir in tomato sauce and envelope of spaghetti sauce mix.
- Pour evenly into a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix shredded mozzarella and sour cream.
- Spoon cheese mixture over meat.
- Unroll crescent rolls and lay over cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl mix Parmesan and butter and crumble over rolls.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until top is deep golden brown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails