It is a tradition in my family to have this strawberry bread at our Christmas Day brunch. It has been on the menu for as long as I can remember and it wouldn't be Christmas with out it. You won't believe how easy it is and how yummy it tastes!
Note: This makes 2 loaves
3 c. flour
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
16 oz. package frozen strawberries, thawed, reserve juices is you want to make an icing
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Stir in strawberries, eggs and oil.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- If you would like to make an icing combine reserved juice and powdered sugar until you get a drizzle type consistency.
- Once bread has cooled, remove from pan and drizzle with icing.