3 c. sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
7 eggs at room temperature
3 c. cake flour, separated
1 c. heavy whipping cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream sugar and butter at medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Beat in remaining flour and vanilla.
- Pour batter into two buttered and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice and serve.