My mom makes a non-traditional version of Monkey Bread. I am sure you have seen it or had it and it is sweet. My mom makes a plain version that melts in your mouth. It is our version of dinner rolls on Thanksgiving! I don't have a picture of it but trust me you will like it!
2 pkg. dry yeast
1 c. warm water
4 tbls. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. cooled melted butter
3 1/2 c. flour
1 c. melted butter
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Once dissolved add egg, sugar, salt and 1/2 cup cooled melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Stir in flour and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Cover with a towel and let the dough rise in a warm place on your counter until the dough doubles in size.
- Roll dough out to 1/2" thickness.
- Cut dough in a lot of diamond shapes with a knife.
- Dip each piece in melted butter and arrange in a Tube pan.
- Cover and let it rise in a warm place on your counter until it doubles in size.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.