I am not normally a fan of any kind of stuffing or dressing but this recipe from my aunt Shari is GOOD! I like it because it is not as soggy as most dressings although you could make it that way if you like. Try it this year...I think you will like it!
1 large can of Grand Butter Tastin' Biscuits
2 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix
2 eggs, beaten slightly
Drippings from your turkey
1 tbls. butter
2-3 celery stalks, chopped
1 tsp. sage
1 onion, chopped
Hot water to moisten
- Bake the biscuits according to the directions on the can.
- Bake the cornbread according to the directions on the box.
- In a medium skillet saute onions and celery in butter.
- Once the biscuits and cornbread are baked, tear and/or crumble both into a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Once combined add hot water to moisten to your desired consistency.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.