9.09.2010

Smothered Meatloaf

I get my meal inspirations on the weekends by watching the Food Network. I print out the recipes and make my grocery list! I saw this recipe on Sandra Lee's show and it sounds like a great way to "officially"kick off the fall season! It is so good, pretty fattening, but oh so good...and pretty easy!

{I know this picture doesn't make this dish look very appealing but it really was good!}

Ingredients:

4 c. Potatoes O'Brien (I used Ore-Ida)
1 lb. lean ground beef
1.25 lb. ground pork
1 (5.29 oz.) box Garlic Herb Shake and Bake (I used Kraft)
1 (1.1 oz.) envelope Beefy Onion Soup Mix
1 (4.5 oz.) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 egg
1 (12 oz.) can cheddar soup, divided
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, sliced thin
1 (8 oz.) pkg. fresh sliced mushrooms

Directions:

- Place potatoes in the bottom of a large crock pot.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, shake and bake, onion soup mix, jar mushrooms and egg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup cheddar soup and evaporated milk. Add to the meat mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon or clean hands mix thoroughly and for into a loaf.
- Place on top of potatoes (make sure meat does not touch the sides of the crock pot).
- Stir together remaining cheddar soup and cream of mushroom soup. Pour over meatloaf.
- Top with sliced onions and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to low and cook for and additional 5-6 hours.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails