9.27.2010

Mexican Chicken Casserole

Yet another great recipe from Kraft. I loved this one because everything is combined in one pan before baking it so it made clean up really easy. I would much rather be spending time with the boys in my life than cleaning dishes! I love cumin and onions in my Mexican food so I added extra and it really made it flavorful! I hope you like it!

Ingredients:
3/4-1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 c. salsa
2 oz. cream cheese
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tomato, chopped
2 large tortillas, torn into pieces
1/2-1 c. shredded cheese
I added about 1/4 of a purple onion chopped and extra cumin

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet saute onion and add chicken and cumin.
- Once chicken is cooked add pepper and salsa and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, beans and tomatoes.
- Spoon 1/3 of the chicken mixture into a 8x8 baking dish.
- Top with one tortilla.
- Add 1/2 of the remaining chicken mixture and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Top with a tortilla.
- Add remaining chicken mixture and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails