2 tbls. vegetable oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
3 c. chicken, cooked and diced (I used a rotisserie chicken..duh)
2 (14.5 oz.) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 (4 oz.) jar pimentos
1 can cream of celery soup
1 c. mayo
1 (6 oz.) box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package directions
1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Saute onion in oil until translucent, remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.