8.21.2010

Chicken and Rice Casserole

Yet another dyno-mite dish from Paula Deen. Need I say more?Ingredients:

2 tbls. vegetable oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
3 c. chicken, cooked and diced (I used a rotisserie chicken..duh)
2 (14.5 oz.) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 (4 oz.) jar pimentos
1 can cream of celery soup
1 c. mayo
1 (6 oz.) box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package directions
1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Saute onion in oil until translucent, remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.

4 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

Totallly making this pronto, YUM. You crack me up with the Rotisserie, duh comments... I'm the same exact way!

Lyric said...

It was so good! I only had white rice so that is what I used and it was awesome. You could also leave the chicken out and make it a side dish. Haha...rotisserie really is the way to go!

Anonymous said...

I made it last night, it was really good and Chip loved it. I forgot pimentos on the grocery list, he didn't want the water chestnuts and I used a mixture of brown and long grain rice. Still very good!

Lyric said...

Shelley,

So glad you liked it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails