8.16.2010

Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars

My mom made these last night and they looked G.O.O.D. Everyone thought they were amazing and I had heard about them from other people but had never had one before and unfortunately last night I missed out on them again. My yucky tummy just couldn't handle the cream cheese but don't you worry....when the beginning of September rolls around you can bet I will be making these so I can finally have some!Ingredients:
2 (8 oz.) cans crescent rolls or dough sheets
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 c. sugar, divided
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 stick butter
1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Press one sheet of the dough into the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup of the sugar and vanilla until smooth and spread over dough.
- Place second sheet of dough on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir in remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Drizzle butter mixture over dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Lyric.... Try putting prepared pie filling on top of the cream cheese before you put on the second layer of crescent rolls. I like blueberry or cherry. I have not tried others but a friend of mine used pumpkin at Thanksgiving and said it was amazing.
Also I make it in 2 - 8x10 pans and make one with pie filling and one without. I love this recipe because it is easy, fast and goooood! Donna

Lyric said...

OHHH Good idea! I will definitely try that! The pumpkin sounds amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails