I found this recipe a long time ago on a friends blog and decided to make it last night. It is so good! Jessica is pregnant so it was a fun non-alcoholic drink to have instead of just water, although it would be good spiked too!Ingredients:
1 c. hot water
4 c. ice cold water
3/4 c. sugar (I thought it was a little sweet the first time I made it so I cut the sugar to 1/2 c.)
3 large lemons, squeezed (approx. 1/2 c.)
1 jar maraschino cherries
1/2 c. maraschino cheery juice
36 oz. lemon-lime soda
- Place one cherry in each section of 2 ice cube trays.
- Fill trays with lemon-lime soda and freeze.
- Pour sugar and hot water into a large pitcher. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add cold water, cherry juice, lemon juice, and soda.
- Stir and chill until served.