Last night Jessica provided dessert at our house and it was TO.DIE.FOR. You must try this recipe!Ingredients:
1 c. All-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
7 tblsp. cocoa powder, divided
1 1/4 c. sugar, divided
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. melted butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 c hot tap water
vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and 3 tablespoons of the cocoa and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar.
- Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an un-greased 8x8 baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix the remaining white sugar, brown sugar and remaining cocoa.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Pour hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Let stand for a few minutes.
- Serve hot topped with vanilla ice cream.