I got this recipe off of Foodnetwork.com and LOVE IT! I am a HUGE guacamole fan and this is a fun little spin on it. It is awesome alone or on a chip! It feels summer-y and was wonderful paired with my burger recipe below.Ingredients:
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c. diced red onion
2 tbls. minced jalapeno peppers, seeded
1/2 tsp. freshly grated lime zest
1/4 c. freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
1/4 c. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 ripe Hass avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
- Place tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, onion, jalapeno pepper and lime zest in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and cayenne.
- Pour over vegetables and toss well.
- Just before you are ready to serve the salad, fold the avocados into the salad.
- Serve at room temperature.