Chicken fajitas are a staple at my house and I grew up eating them at home too. I don't really have a recipe for them so hopefully my directions will be enough.
1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 Red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 Green bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 Purple onion, thinly sliced
1/2 Carton sliced mushrooms
2-3 tblsp. Butter
Enough Worcestershire Sauce to cover the bottom of a large skillet
1 Avocado, sliced
Shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 can Re-fried Beans or Black Beans
- In a large skillet melt butter and add enough Worcestershire sauce to coat the pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center.
- Add sliced peppers, mushrooms and onion.
- Place lid on skillet and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently so sauce coats all the meat and veggies. There shouldn't be any sauce left when the meat and veggies are finished cooking.
- Assemble your fajita with the chicken and veggie mixture and top with any or all of the remaining ingredients.