I love the Pioneer Woman. Her recipes are always tasty and easy. This recipe is no exception. It is flavorful, doesn't require a lot of ingredients and my whole family loved it! She even said this freezes well so double the recipe and have one for dinner tonight and put one in the freezer for a quick meal on soccer or baseball practice night.Ingredients:
1-1/4 lbs Ground Chuck
1-15 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 bag egg noodles
1/2 c sour cream
1-1/4 c small curd cottage cheese
1/2 c. sliced green onion
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
I added: garlic powder and oregano to taste to the meat and sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet cook meat until browned through.
- Drain fat and stir in tomato sauce salt and pepper.
- Let the meat and sauce simmer while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook noodles according to directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, cottage cheese, black pepper and green onion.
- Add noodles to the sour cream mixture.
- To assemble, add half the noodle mixture to a 9x13 dish, top with half the meat mixture and then layer with half the cheese. Repeat with noodle, meat and a final layer of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a salad.