I have a major sweet tooth. I mean MAJOR. Anything chocolate is my favorite. 9 times out of 10 I will pick the chocolate dessert over everything else but every once in a while something fruity and sweet sounds good. Enter the Pioneer Woman's Strawberry Oatmeal Bars. That woman is a savior in the easy and delicious recipe department. She made hers with strawberry jam but I am partial to raspberries so I used raspberry jam for mine. A-MAZING!
1-3/4 sticks cold butter cut into pieces
1-1/2 c all purpose flour
1-1/2 c quick oats
1 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
10 to 12 oz raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9x13 baking dish
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With the hook attachment of an electric mixer, cut in cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. If you do not have an electric mixer you can do this step by hand with a pastry cutter.
- Pour half the mixture in the pan and pat lightly so it is a little tight.
- Spoon raspberry jam evenly over the surface and gently spread it around.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the jam and pat lightly.
- Bake for 30-40 minute or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely before cutting it into bars and serving.