So, in honor of "Mix and Match Mama Day" on my blog I have posted two of my favorite recipes. I make Taco Spaghetti A.LOT. during the fall and winter months. It is just so comforting! We like it so much around here that I rarely make traditional spaghetti anymore. Chocolate Cobbler has become a staple in our house. It is too easy to make. You can adjust the recipe for a large crowd or a single serving (which can sometimes be a bad thing for my waistline).
I hope you enjoy these recipes as well as others on my blog. I would love your feedback! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Thank you again to the Mix and Match Mama! And to my followers, go check her blog out if you haven't already ! You will LOVE it!
8 oz. spaghetti, cooked
1 lb. ground turkey
1 (16oz.) jar salsa of your choice
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1/2 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/4 c. sour cream
- In a large skillet cook meat until brown all the way through.
- Stir in salsa, tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add cooked spaghetti.
- Mix well.
- Serve on individual plates and top with cheese and sour cream.
1 c. All-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
7 tbsp. cocoa powder, divided
1 1/4 c. sugar, divided
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. melted butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 c hot tap water
vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and 3 tablespoons of the cocoa and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar.
- Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an un-greased 8x8 baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix the remaining white sugar, brown sugar and remaining cocoa.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Pour hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Let stand for a few minutes.
- Serve hot topped with vanilla ice cream.