Well, it is supposed to be a spiral but is more like a circle with more veggies shoved in the middle. I think it still looks pretty and like it took a lot of time to make, when in reality it is pretty quick and easy and tasty too! I pinned it from here.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large sweet yellow onion cut in half and sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 russet potatoes, unpeeled
1 yellow squash
3 large Roma tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
Dried thyme, to taste
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Pour onions and garlic into the bottom of your round baking dish.
- Slice the potatoes, zucchini, squash and tomatoes about 1/4 inch thick.
- Layer the slices in your dish on top of the onions in a single layer formed to look like a spiral.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven for another 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!