4.03.2013

Zucchini Bread

We have been making Zucchini bread in my family since before I was born.  My Mamaw always made it during the holidays but I don't know why I don't make it all the time.  Don't let it scare you.  Yes, there is zucchini in it but you cannot taste it (for those of you who are not fans) and the bread is actually sweet.  We eat it for breakfast and my kiddos have no idea it has vegetables in it.  Hehe!  This is my Mamaw's recipe.  I made it recently for my sister's baby shower (here).  Sadly, I do not have a picture to show you but trust me, you will like it.
 
Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 c. sugar
1 c. finely shredded zucchini (with the peel on) Note:  Make sure you drain as much of the liquid as you can before you add it to the bowl.
1 egg
1/4 c. oil

Directions:

-  In a mixer combine all ingredients.
-  Pour into a greased loaf pan.
-  Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
-  Makes one loaf.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails