I love chili but chili can have a lot of fat. I was so happy when I found this recipe on Skinny Taste! It was so flavorful and hearty. I topped it with low-fat shredded cheese, light sour cream and 5 Frito's for some crunch. I made this a month ago when it was still cold out. Nnow that Spring is upon us you might want to save this in your arsenal for Fall! Whenever you decide to make it, I think you are going to love it!
1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
10 oz package frozen corn kernels
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low-fat cheese and light sour cream