8.09.2012

Motivate Me Muffins

My mom found this recipe in the Dallas Morning News and thought I might want to try it.  I'm so glad she gave it to me because these muffins are seriously GOOD!  Alicia Ross is the Scoop columnist for the paper and her daughters developed the recipe.  Thank you Alicia Ross' daughters!  Your Motivate Me Muffins ROCK!  See for yourself!

Ingredients:

1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. light brown sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
1 c. mashed bananas (approx. 2 ripe bananas)
1 c. plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. instant oatmeal
1 to 1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries

Directions:

-  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-  In a large bowl mix sugars, oil, egg, bananas, yogurt and vanilla.  (I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer)
-  Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and oatmeal.
-  Gently fold in blueberries.
-  Fill each muffin tin cup 2/3 full.
-  Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails