MMmmmmm....Texas Gold Bars. I love this super simple dessert. I have also heard them called Chess Bars and Gooey Bars. You can call them whatever you want and it will not change the fact that they are A-MAZING!
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 lb. powdered sugar
- For the crust combine cake mix, stick of butter and one egg until loose dough forms.
- Press mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix vanilla, cream cheese and two eggs with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gently stir in powdered sugar until completely combined.
- Pour mixture over crust and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes until golden brown.