6.12.2011

The BEST Potato Salad EVER

Do you have a Red Hot & Blue in your neighborhood??  It is awesome Memphis BBQ and their potato salad is the best you will ever have.  During our summer BBQ's we always order a ton of it to go.  The only problem is there is only one location in my area and it isn't very close to my house so it is kind of a pain to pick it up.  So, I googled the recipe and made it yesterday for the BBQ we had at my house and it was AMAZING!!!  It tasted exactly the same.  I am so excited!!  The recipe is super easy too!  Some of my friends yesterday said they normally didn't care for potato salad but were going back for seconds!  It's that good!
 

Ingredients:

4 lbs. small red potatoes
4 large eggs
1/2 c. green onion top, finely chopped
1 1/4 c. mayonnaise
1 3/4 tsp. celery seed
1 3/4 tsp. salt

Directions:

-  Steam potatoes in an electric steamer for 45 minutes with the peel on.  You can boil them but they tend to be mushier.  Once steamed and cooled cut into bite sized pieces and set aside.
-  Boil eggs.  Once cooled remove shells and cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
-  In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients.  Add potatoes and eggs.
-  Mix gently.  You do not want to mash this salad.  It should be chunky!

3 comments:

Cara Carroll said...

you're killing me today, lyric! red, hot, & blue has my most favorite potato salad ever! i'm SO excited!!!!

Laura said...

yum! i love potato salad!

Lyric said...

Haaha Cara! Its my absolute favorite too! You are going to love this recipe and the Cream roll too!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails