Oh.My.Word people! This is amazingly wonderful! I got this recipe from Cara over at Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour. I have had it for a while but just got around to making it this weekend and let me tell you, it is delicious! My husband had like 3 helpings this morning and I am pretty sure the rest of it will be gone by the end of the day. You HAVE to make this!
1 can apple pie filling
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tube cinnamon rolls
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1/3 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl mix apple pie filling and cinnamon together.
- Spread a thin layer of the filling onto the bottom of a well greased 9 inch pie plate. Set the remaining filling aside.
- Cut all your cinnamon rolls into quarters and add to the remaining pie filling.
- In a small bowl melt butter and mix in brown sugar. Add to the cinnamon rolls and apples and toss gently to combine.
- Pour mixture over filling in the pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes or until a deep, golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before inverting it onto a platter.
- Remove lid from frosting container that comes with the cinnamon rolls and microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Drizzle frosting over warm coffee cake and serve.