A few years ago we were in Amarillo visiting RT's Grandparents and his Grandma made this casserole for breakfast one of the mornings and I fell in love! It is SO GOOD! And don't Grandmas always have the best recipes?!?! Anyway, I brought it for brunch at my parents house on Christmas day and it was a hit. So, So good!Ingredients:
10 eggs, beaten until light and lemony
1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (16 oz.) container of cottage cheese
1 lb. shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1/2 c. melted butter
2 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
2 lbs. sausage
- In a large skillet cook ground sausage until brown all the way through.
- In a large bowl beat eggs.
- Add all remaining ingredients and the cooked sausage and combine well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until center is firm.