9.01.2010

Pot Roast

I made a pot roast for dinner Sunday night and it turned out really well. I am wondering though how you season and cook your roast. I feel like there is so much more I can add but need a little inspiration from you! Any suggestions??Here is how I made mine:

Ingredients:

2.5-3 lb. chuck roast
4 large carrots, peeled and quartered
15 pearl onions, peeled
6-8 red potatoes, cleaned and cut into large chunks
1-1 1/2 c. chicken broth
salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder

Directions:

- Place all vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- In a large skillet, season roast with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and sear each side of the roast in a little extra virgin olive oil to lock in all the juices.
- Place seared meat on top of the veggies.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on high for about 6 hours.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Your recipe looks tasty. When I make Pot Roast, I always use Grass fed Beef. I work with La Cense Beef and because our beef is 100% grass fed it is higher in omega 3 acids and lower in calorie and fat as opposed to traditional grain fed beef. It is much healthier for you and in my opinion the flavor of the meat is amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails