2.5-3 lb. chuck roast
4 large carrots, peeled and quartered
15 pearl onions, peeled
6-8 red potatoes, cleaned and cut into large chunks
1-1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- Place all vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- In a large skillet, season roast with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and sear each side of the roast in a little extra virgin olive oil to lock in all the juices.
- Place seared meat on top of the veggies.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on high for about 6 hours.