5.19.2010

Mini Fusilli w/ Creamy Spinach and Chicken

Have I mentioned how much I love finding recipes on the back of a box I already have in my pantry??? Well, I love it! I made this for dinner and it was awesome! Try it. You'll like it!
Ingredients:

1 box Barilla Piccolini Mini Fusilli, cooked according to package, drain
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. onion, finely chopped (I used more onion than that)
1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
1 (6 oz.) bag baby spinach, cut in strips
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

- In a medium skillet, saute onion in the olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add chicken, season with salt and pepper.
- After 3 minutes or when chicken is cooked through add spinach and cream.
- Simmer 5 additional minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to the chicken and spinach and toss.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
NOTE: Next time I make this I am going to add mushrooms and maybe some peas!

2 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

I've been eating on this for 3 days, so yum! I added the peas and it was way good. Next time I'll make sure to cut my chicken up even smaller (to make it even more kid-proof!). Thanks again for all of these... :)

Lyric said...

So glad you liked it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails