UMMM...Can you say A-MAZING?!?! My mom found this recipe in the newspaper and made it last night and let me just say we were all in love! If you have ever had Texas Gold Bars a.k.a. Chess Bars and you are a fan then you will love these! Go ahead and try this recipe! You WILL NOT be disappointed! Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. butter, melted, divided
1 (8 oz.) box cream cheese, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (16 oz.) box powdered sugar
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Using an electric mixer, combine cake mix, one egg and 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix well.
- Pat mixture into the bottom of your 9x13 pan like a crust.
- Still using your electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add remaining eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in sugar and beat well.
- Add pumpkin pie filling and remaining 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix well.
- Pour filling onto crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes; do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve with a dollop of whip cream on top.